The inspiration for today’s blog comes from the photo shown above that caught my eye on Facebook. The picture led me to Indochino’s website and the promo for their summer suit collection. When I clicked on the link to “Shop the Collection”, my eyes were drawn to the seersucker suits.
As I’m sure you already know, seersucker suits have gained a great deal of popularity as wedding attire for men. What a seersucker provides in the “traditional” sense of a suit is the way it’s cut, the inserts on the lapel and it gives the pulled together look of a pinstripe suit.
These suits are so popular because they are made of a stretchable fabric that allows air to circulate, making the seersucker ideal for warm-weather attire. The breathable fabric is so light and comfortable that seersucker suits are the perfect for destination weddings in which the groom desires to wear a suit.
In my opinion, a seersucker suit speaks to a man’s confidence, and great sense of style. With that being said, keep in mind gentlemen that there are a few rules regarding wearing a seersucker suit to your wedding.
- They are appropriate for weddings that take place between the end of May and the beginning of September.
- The wedding must be a CASUAL affair.
- A seersucker suit looks best when worn with a white button-down shirt and a solid colored tie or bowtie. In my opinion I say wear what you think you can reasonably get away with. I’ve seen every color from maroon to the blue paisley shown on the model in the picture.
- As far as shoes go, white bucks are the traditional shoe, however tasseled loafers or brown or black slip-ons will add flair. NEVER WEAR SANDALS unless you’re wedding is on the the beach.
- When considering your accessories; take the “less is more” approach. Wear a thin belt that matches the color of your shoes. If you are wearing white bucks, choose a belt that matches the heel of the shoe.
I am a huge fan of the seersucker suit. It’s one of those traditional suits that’s been around for ages and it will remain a staple in men’s fashion. As we are preparing to move into the warmer months of the year, hopefully you will consider wearing a seersucker for your wedding. It is indeed the perfect summertime option.
I love you like a play cousin…